If you are considering self build for the first time, or are still searching for a plot, then this interactive session will lead you through the key steps on the journey to your dream home. From the pros and cons of self build through to design, making key decisions and more, this workshop will arm you with the knowledge you need to take your project forward. The perfect preparation for our in-depth courses!
This introductory training course is delivered by Paul Newman, Potton’s Self Build Director and lasts 2 hours. It is delivered virtually via Zoom and will allow audience participation and the ability to share experiences. A booking is based on one device – for one or two people.
COURSE CONTENTS INCLUDE:
- What is self build?
- Top tips for finding a plot – Is it a plot or not? – Managing risks – Purchasing a plot
- Finance: How much does it cost & how to budget for your build
- Design: How to create a design brief, understanding lifestyle requirements and budget limitations
- Planning permission: Understanding and navigating the planning process
- Energy efficiency explained
- The construction process