People inspecting the interior of a home

With our Self-Build product, you receive cover for up to £5M Public Liability insurance so your project is protected against a wide range of risks. Our policy includes £10M Employers’ Liability insurance, which is a legal requirement if you employ people to work on your site.

Contract Works insurance is designed to protect your home, mid-construction, if it’s damaged or destroyed, and you have the option from between £50k to £1M cover to ensure your future home is covered as it begins to increase in value. With our policy you also benefit from Tools insurance, Temporary Accommodation and Personal Possessions cover.

What does it cover?

You can insure your self-build home right from when you start building up until the completion of the project. Once the build is finished the policy will convert into Home Buildings & Contents insurance until your policy expires. This means you have buildings cover (to the Contract Works value) and includes £5,000 Contents insurance.

You can chose the duration of cover for your project, options include 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 and 24 months. Plus you can insure your self-build site with us before building work begins. We offer different excess levels to suit your budget.

About SelfBuild Insurance

At Selfbuild Insurance, we understand what it takes to build your own home; our team has ample experience and knowledge of the insurance market to support you.

For more than twenty years we have been providing self-build insurance policies, and in that time, we have constantly honed and improved our offerings.

Visit website


Our sponsors